Friday, January 10, 2014

Finding balance

As we've entered 2014 I've started to think and make a few goals. This year my goal and focus is to find balance between family, home and work. 
I struggled big time with this all last year. Putting work off paperwork and then finally when I couldn't avoid it any longer, sitting down for many full days in a row to tackle the pile. And of course while doing this, the toddlers in this house take full advantage of this distracted state. I always seem to think it will get done during the down time of the day or during nap time. Well I'll be honest, I don't find a lot of down time during the day. Pretty sure this has something to do with always being behind. 
This year's focus is about trying to find the healthy balance in it all. I don't have a clue how this is going to work yet. Just going to jump into trying to make a schedule, keeping it, and tweaking until it fits. I think a pencil will be my friend.
I have so much to be thankful for and so many blessings! I want to show my husband and kids how thankful I am of them. I don't want to always be so distracted and have the feeling of always being so far behind.
 I do know that I don't want my kids growing up thinking a mountain of laundry on the couch is normal. I do know I hate working in the evenings trying to quick get it done before the deadline. I do know I want to be fully present in these growing little ones lives. I do know when the plate gets too full, I get cranky. I do know I don't to repeat a last year. I'm ready for balance. I'm ready to separate my roles; wife, mother, housekeeper, and work. I'm ready to make sure no one is not neglected or put to the wayside. I'm ready for routine. I'm ready to get caught up and keep it maintained. 
Are you a working mom? I guess you don't even need to be a working mom. How do you keep up? Any advice or tips you want to pass along?  What works and what doesn't? 

No comments:

Post a Comment