Thursday, December 6, 2012

Jack the elf

has returned to our house.
The kids have been over excited about him being back. The hunt to find him in the morning is worth waking for. Nolan has been trying hard to make sure he is being good and is willing to report to the elf if anyone else isn't. The other day Naomi was in tears because she hadn't been listening very well and was even more upset knowing the elf was going to tell Santa that she wasn't being good. She was later seen telling the elf she was going to listen. It was something like this: "Elf, LISTEN."... "Elf, I LISTEN."

Also over heard this week:
Ryan to Nolan (after many attempts to get him focused on supper)  "Okay Vernie"
Nolan: "That's name calling and I'm going to tell the elf to tell Santa. He'll bring you a lump of coal!"
Ryan: "Yeah! I want a bunch of coal for Christmas. We could burn it in the garage and it would be way better than wood."

Anika and Nolan were writing letters and numbers.
Nolan to Anika "I'm writing nonsense words."
Anika little confused...
Nolan: "It's just a bunch of letters that spell nothing!"



1 comment:

  1. I'm doing a version of this at work, weirdo that I am. Our elf's name is Sneaky. You would think that these people were 5 years old, the way they gotta find this stuffed 8 inch doll! What I've been doing is hiding the elf and whoever finds him and brings him back to me gets to pick a present. And the presents are fabulous! I spent no more than about $1.50 per present and even got one for $0.37! I'm kinda sorta the recognition person and I had to come up with some lame thing to do in an attempt to make people smile. Racing each other around the office isn't quite what I had in mind....

    ReplyDelete