Friday, September 27, 2013

39:52 Sweet

It's fall and nothing is sweeter than a fresh apple.
I bopped over to my sister in law's house yesterday. She loves to garden, and the hard work shows.  They had two 5-gallon buckets full of zucchini along with, two 5-gallon buckets full of apples from their apple tree. 
Since our visit was drop in style, I offered to help cut up apples for apple juice and apple sauce. We visited while we chopped apples and drank coffee.
This guy was so excited to help. He willingly kept filling the counters of apples and shooing the other little helpers out of the kitchen.
I wish I could have bottled the smell of the apples cooking on the stove. The breeze was light and gently, pushing the sweet aroma through the house.
The kids also got to go let the chickens out and collect their eggs.
Their excitement almost makes me want some chickens.
They were so excited about the eggs they wanted eggs for lunch. Never mind that they all had eggs for breakfast.
I guess there was one who wasn't too sure of the chickens.

Head over to Keilah's blog next.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment