Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I am so my father's daughter....

I guess I've known this for while now but these last weeks I've really been realizing it and I am trying starting to make more peace with it.

Just the other day I called my dad with a question and we started talking about how I am a so much like him. I told him what I know I've gotten from him, and then had to repeat it again on speaker phone so Stacey could hear it also... I am a sucker for a good deal, even if I need it or not! I'm a collector and a hoarder. And I really, really don't like to file! I jokingly told my dad that I had about 6 months worth of filing laid out on my bed ready to be filed. But when I got down to filing it ended up being everything from January of 2012. Gulp! 

Stacey did point out yet another way I am just like my dad and my front entry way is proof in it's self. She said my dad's way of cleaning/ organizing is moving stuff from one surface to another. Ding. Ding. Ding. Boy did she hit the nail on head for that one! The garage isn't my space to pile and collect but my front entry way has been this for me.

I didn't make new year's resolutions this year but goals to accomplish for the year instead. Realistic goals. Like clean up the clutter and purge. Let me tell you this has not been an easy task!

Right off from the 1st of the year I had a goal of a few target areas in mind. Especially knowing our CPA would be coming out to our house this week. yikes! Number 1 area, my storage closet,  the front entry way. No, I didn't dare take a before picture. Let's just say it was to the point you couldn't open the front door....

I am, over all almost caught up on the daunting task of declutter-ing and purging. I have quite a large pile needing to hit the thrift store. I have a rather large basket full of clothes needing to make it to the consignment store and 12 months of paperwork all nicely filed.

Next week I will be able to finally have nap time to be crafty and share that with you. As soon as I dig out my desk. Hee hee.

3 comments:

  1. Ha, sounds like I'm not the only one with a paper problem! :) And it's my kitchen counter that needs my constant attention. It's a catch-all. But there's no better feeling than purging, huh? Yesterday I hauled 4 trash bags of stuff out of our closets and to the shed to later be brought to Goodwill. Best feeling ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm... I'm laughing so hard it's running down my legs! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crack me up!! I don't even dare go down this trail of thought!

    ReplyDelete