Monday, May 26, 2014

21:52 Motivational Monday

Opportunities are often things you haven't noticed the first time around.
-Catherine Deneuve
Something that I never noticed the first time around was, how we so often take the time spent with loved ones for granted.
After I graduated from High School I was in a rush to get out the door and experience the real world all on my own. Did I seriously not think that my mother was a girl just like me at one time in her life? 
 Little did I know that after having our first child how much I would need my mom again. Granted it was over the phone. But even those phone calls seem to help me through this new stage of life.
With our first, I also didn't seem to notice how fast the baby stage actually goes.  I think it's because I was so excited to watch him get to the next milestone; rolling, sitting, crawling, then walking. Before I knew it our baby was grown out of that stage and we couldn't go back in time. 
Now fast forward a several years, baby #4 just turned ONE! Where does the time go?    
I'm sad to say our children are slowly gaining more independence and don't want my help as much. I hope that I can be here for them, just like my mother was when I needed her again. 
Happy Memorial Day!
Head over Gloria's way next.

No comments:

Post a Comment