Thursday, February 2, 2012

February photo a day

I saw this on pinterest and it jumped out at me. I don't know if I"ll follow along each month but figured I'd  try my best to do every day in February. I think I'll enjoy this challenge since the photo a day has some direction to it. I find myself drifting a lot these days. I printed this on computer paper and put it next to the calendar. I can view and cross off when completed.


Original post can be found here.

Okay so I snapped a couple yesterday but they all tie in together.
1.
These are the views of the crafts the are pulling me in all directions lately, plus the one thing that needs to be tackled next.

I'm having a hard time staying focused on one thing. I have too many things I enjoy doing so when the project I'm working on doesn't quite go the way it should, I walk away and pick up another. The only problem is these projects are spread through out our house and need some cleaning up and finishing.
My goal while Ryan is gone this time is to complete the many unfinished projects that are sitting out.
And then there are our taxes.
Yup, it's tax season again and I'm pretty sure I haven't done any filing since last tax season. When the pile out grew the shoe box, I started another pile. Gulp.
I also am pretty sure I got stuck with inherited learned this habit from one of my parents.
I really need to sit down and go through this stack of paper to find the stuff we need to do our taxes.

I have notice that I do collect alot of paper when it comes to filing.  Do I need to save every piece of paper that comes from the insurance company saying what they covered? Or every statement that comes for the doctors office? What do you save? What do you toss?

6 comments:

  1. I hate to tell you this, but I save all the EOB and Dr's office statements. Maybe that is a bit over the top, but I did have to dig back about 3 years once for an EOB. Go figure. File folders instead of shoe boxes. :)I do love paper and it's organization. I think it is probably listed somewhere as a disease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to comment on the photo a day thing with the list ... and forgot! Love the idea. Maybe I'll do another month other than February. February I am going to do "Visitors". :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummmm....you kids will have a LOT of paper and boxes to toss if you ever have to go thru my stuff.. but are you sure you didn't inherit the bad filing on your paternal side? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee @ mom. We probably will have boxes and boxes of paper to go through some day. :) Thinking I might have gotten a mix of both of you with the filing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you use boxes for filing,that is probably from your maternal side. If you have loose piles all over the house, THAT would be more likely from your dad! :) Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely have the loose piles.

    ReplyDelete