Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Special

A couple weeks ago I received a very special box in the mail.
It was a quilt my mother made for me over 10 years ago.
This time she and my grandmother torn it apart to replace the sashing (material between the blocks).
From washing too many time in a top loading washing machine this part of the quilt had completely fallen apart.
Sunflowers are my favorite flower and yellow is my favorite color.
I am truly grateful for all the work that was involved to fix this quilt. I am also excited to have it back on my bed!
 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you changed your bedroom around since I've been there. For quilters...do not use chenille bedspread as sashing. It comes apart after many washings. Stick to cotton. It sure was soft at the time though! MOM

    ReplyDelete