Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cricut Card Thursday

Dust off your cricuts, it's time to make a card!


I created this beautiful card by using cricut cartridges, Paper Lace and Plantin Schoolbook, VersaMark and embossing powder.

Make card base. I made my card base to have a top fold and measures: 4 1/2 x 5 1/2

Make a template from you paper lace cartridge. 
Find a piece of paper that measures a 8 x 8 square.
Select <Mod1> and the Lace 2 option.


Cut template at 7 inches.


Tape card to a piece of scrap paper placing fold side up.
*Tip: use a move able tape so you don't  rip your paper on removal.


Then cover back of card with a piece of scrap, placing on fold line. Tape.


Arrange template over card front where you like the design and tape again.


Now take your VersaMark pad and press it over the template and card.
Sprinkle with Embossing powder. Flock would work also.

Remove template and Emboss.

After embossing I cut a piece of black cardstock 4 5/8  x 5 1/2 to outline the front of my card. I did this so, as to not have to make my card base completely out of black. I then glued it to the underside of my card front.

Using Plantin SchoolBook cartridge I cut a oval at 2 inches from Black. I then cut a oval out of white at 1 3/4 inches.

I stamped my sentiment on to the white oval. Glued it to the black oval. And finally glued it to my card.

Add rhinestone.

You now have a beautiful, elegant card!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing tutorial, when I saw the card in person it seemed difficult. After watching it appears more straight-forward.

    ReplyDelete